Three Goals Every Worship Leader Should Have in 2016
Have you started writing your goals for 2016 yet?
I believe that God is honored when we take time to set goals for ourselves, our families and our ministries. Clear, God-honoring goals will help you and I both make a greater Kingdom impact in 2016.
In fact, I believe that the pastors and worship leaders who are making the greatest impact are the ones who are clear about what God has called them to, and are continuing to dream new dreams for Him.
I’m sure you’ve heard the story of the Harvard Business School graduating class of 1979. They were asked if they had clear written goals upon graduation. 3% had clear, written goals. 13% had some goals, just not clearly written, and a full 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the researchers interviewed those same students from that graduating class and what they found was astounding…
The 13% who had some goals (though they weren’t written down) were TWICE as successful as the 84% who had no goals.
But what was most surprising was that the 3% who had clearly written goals were TEN TIMES as successful as the the other 97% combined!
As worship leaders we don’t measure our success by salaries or stock options, but that study should teach you about the power of written goals to help you accomplish more.
C.S. Lewis writes, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
So what dreams do you have for this New Year? What do you hope to see God do in you and through you?
I believe that having goals in every area of your life is a great discipline. And today, I want to talk with you about the TOP 3 AREAS of your life to set goals in this year.
Whether you have written your goals for 2016 already, or need a little nudge to get started, setting goals in these 3 areas will help you grow and succeed in each.
GOAL AREA #1: SPIRITUAL GROWTH
The first area to set goals in this year is your Spiritual Growth. Every other goal you set will be either helped or hindered by the progress you make in your spiritual formation.
Jesus said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5) So, invest in your own personal discipleship this year. What will be your plan for spiritual growth? What studies will you undertake? What investments do you want to make?
GOAL AREA #2: PERSONAL LIFE GOALS
Next, set at least 3-5 goals for your personal life this year. For me this includes my reading goals, family goals, health and wellness goals, and even just some fun things I want to do this year.
Here’s what personal life goals do . . . they remind you that there are other important areas of your life worth investing in besides just ministry and work. They will help you keep a healthy harmony between your personal and ministry life, and will ensure that you make investments in the most important relationships in your life.
GOAL AREA #3: MINISTRY GOALS
The third area to set goals in this year is your ministry. God has called us to ministry so that we can make the most of every opportunity to expand the impact of our churches in our communities for His Kingdom.
Remember the Parable of the Talents. The servant who doubled his master’s gold was called a “good and faithful servant”. The servant who did nothing with his master’s gold was called “wicked and lazy”.
Make a commitment now to invest in yourself and your ministry in 2016. I would encourage you to set 2-3 goals in each of the Seven Areas of your Worship Ministry:
- Personal Growth – how will you grow as a leader / pastor / worshiper in 2016?
- Pastor Relationship – how will you improve the working relationship with your pastor?
- Planning – what will you do to plan further in advance and with more impact and creativity?
- People – what will be your goals for the growth and health of your worship team?
- Provision – what will be your goals for how you steward your resources?
- Professionalism – how will you lead your team to excellence in everything this year?
- Production – what will you do to make the Sunday worship experience even more engaging and God-honoring this year?
By setting goals in each area of your ministry leadership you will ensure that you aren’t just “doing more”… you’re “becoming more”.
And that’s my prayer for you this year. That you will become more. That you will know first-hand the power of the prayer found in Psalm 90:12 . . .
“Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.”
And here’s my commitment to you . . . To help you along the way.
That’s what Worship Leader Insights is all about, and I’m glad to have the opportunity to serve you and your church!
Your partner in ministry,
PS – If you are serious about lowering your stress, having greater effectiveness, growing a healthier worship ministry and making 2016 your best year of ministry ever…
… Then I want to invite you to join my NEW 12-month Worship Leader Coaching Network!
Listen — you don’t have to face with the same struggles in 2016 that you faced last year. The 12-Month Worship Leader Coaching Network will help you identify and overcome the Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader.
I have taught these concepts to thousands of churches – through books, resources and live events – and in the Coaching Network I will help you create God-honoring systems in your Worship ministry that will help you:
- Double your worship team volunteers
- Break the stressful week-to-week mentality of worship planning and plan your worship services months in advance
- Develop a more fruitful working relationship with your lead pastor and “get on the same page” together
- Maximize the financial resources in your Worship Ministry while teaching God-honoring Stewardship practices to your worship team.
- Structure your team for health and growth
- Get the most out of your team in rehearsal and on Sundays
- Pray more fervently for your team and grow as a pastor and leader
- and much, much more!
You’ll join me in 12 monthly coaching sessions that you can fully participate in anytime 24/7. You will receive both the audio and video of each session, so your experience will be identical, no matter when you log in. And the Worship Leader Coaching Network is provided in such a way that you can participate (and re-watch) at any time.
Available now via a new on-demand, online module format, where you can participate at your convenience each month. Your experience will be identical, no matter when you log in.
Led by Jason, this network is based on the Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader, and specific ministry strategies to help you overcome them. Sessions include:
- The Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader Overview
- The Call of a Worship Leader: Understanding and Excelling in Your Unique Calling
- The Personal Growth Challenge: Develop Your Personal Leadership Habits
- The Pastor Challenge: Maximize Your Relationship with the Lead Pastor
- The Planning Challenge, part 1: Plan Your Services Months in Advance
- The Planning Challenge, part 2: Reduce the stress of week-to-week planning.
- The People Challenge, part 1: Structure Your Worship Team for Health and Growth
- The People Challenge, part 2: Develop your Auditions Strategy & Double Your Team
- The People Challenge, part 3: Leadership Strategies for a Successful Worship Ministry
- The Provision Challenge: Budget, Sta? and Teach Stewardship to Your Team
- The Professionalism Challenge: How to Bring Out the Best in Your Team
- The Production Challenge: Ensure every Sunday is the BEST it Can Be
PLUS: You will receive a customized Coaching Blue Print each month that gives you specific next steps!
Everything of value in life requires an investment (just think about the instruments you own). The same is true for this Coaching Network… though we have tried to keep the investment as low as possible.
But remember, you are receiving thousands of dollars of resources, free passes to our seminars, email support and private consulting. At the same time, you are saving thousands of dollars in hotel, flight costs, rental car expenses, gas, etc.
With that said, the Worship Leader Coaching Network is only $297 a month. You’ll find that is about the same as taking 3 key team members to one of the major worship conferences this year (registration, travel, hotel, meals).
I love the big conferences two, but consider this. With the Worship Leader Coaching Network you…
- You get 12-months of hands on personal training with systems that ACTUALLY work in churches of all shapes and sizes
- You walk away with over $2,322.20 of FREE Resources (try doing that at the resource table at your next Worshp Conference)
- The training doesn’t end after 3 days… in addtion to the 12-monthly session, you get audio MP3’s of each session, meaning you walk away with a library of over 24 hours of nuts-and-bolts practical systems to build a health and growing worship ministry and share with the key leaders in your church.
- Personalized Q&A call-in sessions to have all of your questions answeredabout what we disucss in the network
- Plus much more!
HURRY – BONUSES ENDING SOON!
When you join the Worship Leader Coaching Network, in just the first year you’ll receive:
- Monthly online sessions – hands-on coaching from Jason Hatley on all Seven Challenges of the Worship Leader.
- Regular Group Q and A calls to ask your specific questions.
- Over $2,320.20 in FREE resources from Worship Leader Insights PLUS special discounts on any new resources.
- Unlimited email access to Jason and the WLI team.
- FREE attendance at (live or web) training events during your network (up to $1,249.00 value)
- A monthly environment where everyone is focused on a Kingdom agenda.
- The chance to grow and take your worship ministry to the next level!
To learn more and join today, go to: www.WorshipLeaderInsights.com/Coaching.
IMMEDIATE BONUS: Free Worship Leader Gold Membership (Regularly $99.00 a month)
Worship Leader Gold is a group of passionate, cut-against-the-grain,discontent-with-average,motivated-for-ministry, what-are-we-waiting-for Worship Leaders who want to have a growing and healthy ministry and personal life. Your membership benefits include:
- A Monthly Leadership & Strategy Briefing call with me where you’ll be challenged and guided to maximize your worship ministry and personan life each month
- Monthly Equipping Interview Call where we interview other leading authors – past interviews include Steve Stroope, Patrick Lencioni, Bill Easum and Gary McIntosh
- MP3 and CD recordings of both the briefing and interview calls each month – don’t worry if you can’t make the live calls, you won’t miss a thing
- Members-Only Online Hub where you can access your files, resources and recordings at all times
- Monthly members bonus kit mailed directly to you including recordings, transcripts, members-only opportunities, event invitations and more
- 30% Off Discount on all Worship Leader Insights resources for the duration of your membership
- And much more!
EVEN MORE BONUSES – As a new member of Worship Leader Gold , you’ll immediately receive these Bonus Resources ($813.20 Value):
- Improve the Financial Fitness of Your Church ($99.95 Value)
- The Strategy Seminar ($99.95 Value)
- From Stress to Rest Sermon Series ($99.95 Value)
- The Forgiveness Sermon Series ($99.95 Value)
- The Relationship Rescue Sermon Series ($99.95 Value)
- Planning A One-Year Preaching Calendar ($39.95 Value)
- Fasting For Spiritual Breakthrough Single Audio ($29.95 Value)
- Managing the Stress of Ministry Single Audio ($29.95 Value)
- Debt Free Pastor Single Audio ($29.95 Value)
- The Thursday Midnight Rule Single Audio ($19.95 Value)
- What Gets Measured Single Audio ($19.95 Value)
- The Personal Growth Tips Single Audio ($19.95 Value)
- Finding New Musicians and Singers Single Audio ($19.95 Value)
- The ABC’s of a Successful Worship Service Single Audio ($19.95 Value)
Your monthly membership in the NEW Worship Leader Gold Network will help you achieve personal growth, ministry-life balance and accomplish great things for God’s Kingdom.
I pray that 2016 will be your year to grow yourself, your ministry and your kingdom impact. And I would love to walk with you to help you do just that.
To learn more and join today, go to: www.WorshipLeaderInsights.com/Coaching.