Step #2 to a BIG Day of Auditions
The final days of summer are upon us, football season has begun and NOW is the time to plan for your Fall Worship Team auditions!
Recently we kicked off this new series of articles to help you get ready for how God can grow your team through a BIG day of auditions. It’s an important responsibility that we all have. But too many times worship leaders either don’t do a big audition day or don’t maximize their audition day because they haven’t been trained on how to do it.
So, in this four-part push I want to help you plan your auditions and grow your Worship Team this fall. Last time we talked about developing a passion for the growth of your team. And here is the second step…
#2 – Pray for the Growth of Your Team
Now – there are two extremes that you can fall into here.
FIRST, you can live by the motto “Prayer, and Prayer Alone“. Some worship leaders will say, “I’m praying for the growth and health of my team, but that’s all I’m doing. As long as I pray God will do the rest.” There’s no system or process for growth that goes with it.
OR, you can live by the motto, “If it’s to be, it’s up to me!” That is, you may have a passion for growth and even systems for growth, but somehow you have forgotten that there’s an important spiritual element to the health and growth of your team.
The truth is . . . it takes both!
Look at this passage from Proverbs 21:31:
“The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.”
Look to the end of that verse and notice who brings the victory. God does. At the end of the day, God will be the one who brings victory in your service, worship team, rehearsal, personal growth, family, etc.
But also notice the first part of that verse. Someone has to get the horse ready for battle. And that someone is you and me.
You see, God could do it all by himself, but he chooses to give us a role as well.
So, jump start your team’s growth through Prayer and building Growth Processes (more on that next week).
For now, focus on prayer, but…
Don’t Do it Alone!
Get your pastor to pray with you for the growth of your team. After all, he knows all too well that, “As goes the Worship Team, so goes the Worship Service.”
Also, ask your Worship Team to pray with you. Want to transform the culture of your team from inwardly focused to outwardly focused? Inspire your team members to pray along with you for their growth and the growth of your team.
And remember . . .
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
~ St. Augustine
Your partner in ministry,
FREE 90-MINUTE COACHING CALL
ON PLANNING YOUR FALL 2015 AUDITIONS
when you pick up the bestselling “How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day” Seminar
PLUS – In this 3-hour seminar, I will teach you the nuts-and-bolts principles of:
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
AND… when you pick up the How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day seminar between now and September 30, 2015 you will receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in the Worship Leader Gold Network, including over $813.20 in FREE Bonus Resources INSTANTLY!
YES, Jason! I want to receive the
How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day seminar
and receive my First Month Free in Worship Leader Gold
PLUS over $813.20 in FREE Bonus Resources.
A $2,171.00 value for only $99 — that’s a savings of over 95%!
HURRY! Offer ends September 30, 2015!