School has started back for much of the US, football is in the air and NOW is the time to plan for your Fall Worship Team auditions!
Recently we kicked off this new series of articles to help you get ready for how God can grow your team through a BIG day of auditions. It’s an important responsibility that we all have. But too many times worship leaders either don’t do a big audition day or don’t maximize their audition day because they haven’t been trained on how to do it.
So, in this four-week push I want to help you plan your auditions and grow your Worship Team this fall. And here is the first step…
#1 – Develop a Passion for the Growth of Your Team
The growth of your worship team begins with you!
Too many worship leaders have a “We’ll just grow as we go” mentality. But personal growth and team growth really don’t work that way. In fact you will never lead a growing team if you are passive in this area of ministry development.
I’m surprised to hear worship leaders who sometimes say things like, “I have all the people I need serving on my team.”
Listen – if that’s your vision for your worship ministry, your vision is way too small!
Trust me, God wants to do more in and through you than he’s doing right now. But you have to be intentional about doing your part as well.
As you have heard me say…
As Goes the Worship Leader, so Goes the Worship Team.
Your Worship Team will take their cues from you. So if you’re passionate about the health and growth of your team, then you will lead a healthy and growing team. If you’re not passionate, then don’t be surprised if you’re leading an unhealthy and declining team.
Don’t be passive about the health and growth of your team. Passive worship leaders only think about the health of their team when someone burns out. They only think about the growth of their team when there is a need.
God has called us to more than reactionary leadership. Be proactive about the health and growth of your team. That is what you are called to.
Too many worship leaders are confused about their calling.
They think their primary role is lead singer or band director. That is “a” role, but not “the” primary role you are called to.
You are called to make disciples! And helping people serve in your worship ministry is an important pathway to discipleship. After all, a person can’t hope to become like Christ if they aren’t serving like Christ.
So, develop a passion for the health and growth of your team. If you don’t, your team will never be healthy or growing.
Personal passion is the first step to a BIG day of auditions for your team this fall.
So how are you doing in the area of passion? Pray and ask God to fuel your passion this week, and then next week we’ll talk about Step #2…
Your partner in ministry,
FREE 90-MINUTE COACHING CALL
ON PLANNING YOUR FALL 2015 AUDITIONS
when you pick up the bestselling “How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day” Seminar
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
AND… when you pick up the How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day seminar between now and September 1, 2015 you will receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in the Worship Leader Gold Network, including over $813.20 in FREE Bonus Resources INSTANTLY!
HURRY! Offer ends September 1, 2015!