Planning Your Fall Worship Team Auditions
Growing your worship team is one of the most important responsibilities you have in ministry, but too many times worship teams DON’T grow, not because the worship leader is lazy or short on vision, but because they just haven’t been trained how to do it effectively.So, today I’m kicking off a four week push to help you plan your auditions and grow your Worship Team this fall. The fall is the PERFECT time to grow your worship team and I want to help you do just that! Why?
MINISTRY IS A PATHWAY TO…
That’s why I believe (and teach) a very simple, but profound principle of serving . . . Ministry is a Pathway to Discipleship.
It is impossible to know what it means to become like Christ until you know what it means to serve like Christ.
I have found time and again that the people serving on our Worship Arts Team are likely to make other significant spiritual steps too like joining a small group, developing spiritual habits, tithing, and so on.
So for you and me, if we are serious about not only the growth of our ministries, but also the overall spiritual health of our churches, we must do the work of involving people in ministry. And it begins with us!
Remember – healthy things grow (my dad is a farmer so I know this well)! Decide today that you will not sit idly by to see if by chance some interested volunteer might pass your way. Decide to actively cooperate with God to diligently build your team.
THREE KEYS TO GROWING YOUR WORSHIP TEAM…
#1 – Developing a passion to grow your team. Simply stated . . . Our teams will grow to the extent that we passionately pray and work for their growth. (More on this next week.)
#2 – The role of prayer in growing your worship team. It’s not just up to you and me, so how do you pray with action for the growth of your team?
#3 – Plan a BIG DAY of auditions. At The Journey, auditions are responsible for the quick, steady and healthy growth of our Worship Arts Team . . . as well as the Worship Arts Team’s of hundreds of worship leaders all over the country who have adopted our auditions system and are seeing the same results we have had. Because of these auditions, their teams have . . .
- Doubled in volunteers in one day before (it doesn’t happen every time, but it happens more times than you might believe)
- Given volunteers a break BEFORE they burned out
- Created a CONSTANT flow of new volunteers into the team
- Established a healthy “Seasons” approach to their team that promotes not only growth, but overall health
- And much more!
A healthy and growing Worship Team doesn’t have to be a mystery. With a prayerful passion for growth and the right system, you can lead your team to involve more people in ministry this Fall than ever before and make a lasting difference.
Your partner in ministry,
FREE 90-MINUTE COACHING CALL
ON PLANNING YOUR FALL 2015 AUDITIONS
A $2,171.00 value for only $99 — that’s a savings of over 95%!
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
- Plus much more!
AND… when you pick up the How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day seminar between now and September 1, 2015 you will receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in the Worship Leader Gold Network, including over $813.20 in FREE Bonus Resources INSTANTLY!