A Dangerous Trend for Worship Leaders
Have you ever met a “squatter”?
Developing a teachable mindset is what my brand new Worship Leader Gold Network is all about! And after a BIG response last week, we are extending the opportunity for you to JOIN TODAYand receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in the Worship Leader Gold network. You’ll instantly receive $813.20 in FREE Bonus resources, have access to TWO coaching calls this month (listen LIVE or download them from your personalized “Coaching Hub” at your convenience), gain access to dozens of Ministry and Leadership Book summaries, and much, much more! I’ve put the complete details in the PS below, so keep reading to learn more!
You see… pastors and worship leaders sometimes turn into squatters when they reach a destination they’ve hoped for, achieve a goal they’ve been pursuing, or find shelter from a “ministry storm” that’s been brewing in their lives.
Happy to have arrived, they forget that God still has something better ahead and are content to just stay where they are. They go into maintenance mode, stop learning and growing, and say to themselves, “I’ve made it!”
It’s at this point that a dangerous mentality develops. The “I’ve seen it all, done it all and know it all” mentality keeps them from being used to their fullest potential.
But in order to experience all that God has for us, we must see leadership and learning as a journey, not a destination. We must remain teachable.
Remember – you didn’t make it this far in life and ministry by being unteachable, so why would you think that being unteachable now will take you to the next level?
John Maxwell writes, “The greatest obstacle to discovery isn’t ignorance or lack of intelligence. It’s the illusion of knowledge.”
So – how can we overcome this temptation to have a “seen-it-all, done-it-all, know-it-all” approach to ministry? Here are 3 things you can do this week:
1. Read. Whatever your area of greatest challenge right now, read on it! Time Management, Music Theory, Ministry Leadership… whatever the topic, look for books, magazine articles and blogs to help you grow in that area. Remember – one of the greatest joys in life is learning something new!
2. Ask Questions. Votaire wrote, “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.”If you’re going to remain teachable in ministry you have to ask questions. Don’t let pride keep you from asking for help, advice, or a second opinion.
3. Study Others. There may be no easier way to learn than from others. Learn from their successes and apply those principles to your ministry. Learn from their failures and save yourself the pain of failing at the same things they did.
Whether you’re a Worship Leader of 50 years, or someone who is new to the call, take time everyday to do these three things. Remember – God ALWAYS has a lesson for us to learn… if we’re willing to remain teachable.
So – how are you doing in these 3 areas. I’d love to hear from you! You can email your thoughts and questions to me at jason@worshipleaderinsights.
Your (learning) partner in ministry,
PS – Its true! You can STILL receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in my new Worship Leader Gold Network!
After a BIG response last week (and a lot of great questions from Worship Leaders) we decided to extend this opportunity for you to receive your FIRST MONTH FREE in my new Worship Leader Gold Network for one more week!
Test-drive my brand-new coaching network absolutely FREE! Take part in two coaching calls this month, receive over $813.20 in FREE bonus resources immediately, plus much, much more (see below for the exhaustive list of what you’ll receive in this new Coaching Network).
Worship Leader Gold is all about helping you develop a healthy and growing personal life(spiritual, family boundaries, physical) and ministry life (worship team systems, best practices, latest learnings). Believe it or not… you can have both!
When you join this monthly mentorship network THIS WEEK, you will receive your First Month Free, and instantly gain access to:
1) The Worship Leader Gold LIVE MONTHLY UPDATE AND LEADERSHIP BRIEFING.
At the heart of the network is a monthly update and briefing from me via LIVE Conference Call. This monthly “pastor to pastor” call (which will be recorded on MP3 for your library) will be a personal, practical, packed-with-content training where I will challenge you, enlighten you, equip you and guide you to maximize your next season of ministry.
With the Worship Leader Gold Monthly Update and Briefing, you’ll always be one step ahead in your planning and fully inspired and equipped to lead your worship ministry at the highest level ($199.00 per month value).
2) Monthly Equipping Interview/Conference Call – with me, Nelson Searcy, one of our mentors, a noted author or ministry leader – previous interviews include Steve Stroope, Larry Osborne, Patrick Lencioni, Tim Stevens and more. Listen live when you can, and you’ll receive an MP3 recording each month ($195.00 per month value).
3) Two practical, nuts-and-bolts CD’s sent directly to your mailbox each month. Even if you can’t make the live briefing or equipping calls – we’ll be sure you don’t miss a thing each month.
4) Monthly bonus mail package to help you stay on track and ahead of the calendar. This monthly kit will be mailed to you, including recordings, transcripts, members-only opportunities, event invitations and more!
5) Private Call-In-Hours where you can talk directly to me ($295.00 per month value).
6) FREE Church Growth Champions newsletter, featuring pioneers of church growth and evangelism to inspire you and your ministry.
7) NEW – Monthly Book Summaries for theduration of your membership. Your Worship Leader Gold membership includes a complimentary subscription to the leading executive summary service for pastors for no extra charge – that’s 30 book summaries per year ($379.00 per year value).
8) FREE “Growth Points” Newsletter written by Church Growth expert Dr. Gary McIntosh. You will be able to keep up with the latest research and learnings on church growth and church health.
9) RESTRICTED ACCESS Online Membership Site/Blog/Resources ($99.00 per month value). You’ll have instant access to all your Worship Leader Gold benefits, documents, recordings, etc. in your online Worship Leader Gold hub.
10) Continually Updated WORSHIP LEADER GOLD RESOURCE DOCUMENTS AND DIRECTORY ($399.00 per month value). If there’s a document that we use at The Journey or that is shared by someone else in the network (and I think its helpful) I’ll share it with you.
11) Members-Only 30% DISCOUNT on all Worship Leader Insights and Church LeaderInsights Resources ($245.00 value).
12) FREE Webinar Access to all Church Leader Insights and Worship Leader InsightsWebinars ($197.00 per month value).
13) NETWORK ONLY rates on Coaching Networks and Advanced Coaching Networks ($141.00 per month value). As a member of Worship Leader Gold, you’ll be able to enter a future 12-Month Worship Pastor Tele-Coaching Network or put a staff member through one of our other networks at the lowest possible rate.
14) Lowest Event Registration Rate for all Church Leader Insights and Worship LeaderInsights Events ($100.00 per month value), including upcoming Renegade Pastors Conferences and Church Systems Bootcamps.
15) $595.00 SHOPPING SPREE Gift Certificate upon completion of your sixth month in the Network (99.00 per month Value)
16) $813.20 in FREE Resources when you join today! These resources will be waiting for you in yourWorship Leader Gold Online Hub within two hours of the time you join – you can start taking advantage of these resources immediately!
Total value of resources and training you receive in this network exceed $2,667.00 per month.
But the network is far more than just the resources you receive. The focus this network provides for your ministry and the ideas and insights in your life are simply priceless.
Are you ready to become a member of this exclusive Worship Leader Gold mentoring network?
You can join right now at this Special Link and receive your FIRST MONTH FREE!
** Yes Jason, let me in NOW. I’m ready to join Worship Leader Gold and RECEIVE MY FIRST MONTH FREE (just $99 per month thereafter – that’s ONE THIRD the monthly investment of a regular coaching network). But hurry… the FIRST MONTH FREE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THIS WEEK (until this Friday, May 16 at 11:59pm Eastern). Join today! **
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team.