How to Beat the Summer Slump
A worship leader told me once that the summer was the worst time of year for him and his team to grow. He explained that because of this, he took it easy during the summer, didn’t challenge his team (or himself) to grow and just coasted through until fall arrived.
He called it the “Summer Slump”.
What I told him next was hard for him to swallow, but absolutely true.
Because he “took the summer off” from focusing on the growth and health of his team, he stumbled into the fall with the same team, the same challenges, and unfortunately, a full 25% of the year wasted!
A “Summer Slump” indeed.
- Some “less motivated” team members who still think that they are in High School and really don’t want to do anything this summer (like attend rehearsals – ha!)
So – we hunker down, do our best to keep it all together and hope that we’ll have enough people to field a worship team each Sunday this summer.
That is one way to approach the summer. I just don’t think it’s the RIGHT way.
You see – this Summer you and I have a choice. We can either GROW or GLIDE.
Summer Slump thinking says, “Take it easy. Don’t worry about your personal growth or team growth. It’s the summer after all. Just GLIDE through.”
But Summer is a time to GROW! It’s a time to work on yourself. To challenge your team members to grow spiritually, artistically, and in their commitment to the church.
And to work on adding new people to your team (I just did an entire talk on how to add new team members in the summer with our Worship Leader Gold members last week. See below for your chance to listen to this motivating and practical talk!).
Don’t buy into the Summer Slump thinking. Decide today that you’re not going to waste 25% of your ministry year just staying the same.
Develop a passion for the health and growth of your team this summer and put yourself in a place to be ready for all that God wants to do in you and your team this Fall.
Just like a farmer, the work you do to guard and grow your team in the summer will determine the health and size of your team this fall.
Listen – I just did a one-hour talk on this topic last week on our Worship Leader Gold Leadership Briefing Call.
I went into depth on how you (and I) can grow our teams this summer, despite the Summer Slump. AND – I taught a brand-new strategy for helping new people join your Worship Team called the “Backstage Tour”.
I want to give you this talk… and over $813.20 in instant bonus resources FREE when you join Worship Leader Gold THIS WEEK!
It takes 60 seconds (or less) to join and you will instantly receive $813.20 in FREE Bonus resources, have access to TWO coaching calls this month (listen LIVE or download them from your personalized “Coaching Hub” at your convenience), gain access to dozens of Ministry and Leadership Book summaries, and much, much more!
I’ve put the complete details in the PS below, so keep reading to learn more, or click here to receive this one-hour leadership talk on how to grow yourself and your team this summer absolutely FREE.
PS – Its true! You can receive the HOW TO GROW YOU AND YOUR TEAM one-hour leadership talk and your FIRST MONTH FREE in my new Worship Leader Gold Network!
Test-drive my brand-new coaching network absolutely FREE! Take part in two coaching calls this month, receive over $813.20 in FREE bonus resources immediately, plus much, much more (see below for the exhaustive list of what you’ll receive in this new Coaching Network).
Worship Leader Gold is all about helping you develop a healthy and growing personal life (spiritual, family boundaries, physical) and ministry life (worship team systems, best practices, latest learnings). Believe it or not… you can have both!
When you join this monthly mentoring network THIS WEEK, you will receive your First Month Free, and instantly gain access to:
1) The Worship Leader Gold LIVE MONTHLY UPDATE AND LEADERSHIP BRIEFING.
At the heart of the network is a monthly update and briefing from me via LIVE Conference Call. This monthly “pastor to pastor” call (which will be recorded on MP3 for your library) will be a personal, practical, packed-with-content training where I will challenge you, enlighten you, equip you and guide you to maximize your next season of ministry.
With the Worship Leader Gold Monthly Update and Briefing, you’ll always be one step ahead in your planning and fully inspired and equipped to lead your worship ministry at the highest level ($199.00 per month value).
2) Monthly Equipping Interview/Conference Call – with me, Nelson Searcy, one of our mentors, a noted author or ministry leader – previous interviews include Steve Stroope, Larry Osborne, Patrick Lencioni, Tim Stevens and more. Listen live when you can, and you’ll receive an MP3 recording each month ($195.00 per month value).
3) Two practical, nuts-and-bolts CD’s sent directly to your mailbox each month. Even if you can’t make the live briefing or equipping calls – we’ll be sure you don’t miss a thing each month.
4) Monthly bonus mail package to help you stay on track and ahead of the calendar. This monthly kit will be mailed to you, including recordings, transcripts, members-only opportunities, event invitations and more!
5) Private Call-In-Hours where you can talk directly to me ($295.00 per month value).
6) FREE Church Growth Champions newsletter, featuring pioneers of church growth and evangelism to inspire you and your ministry.
7) NEW – Monthly Book Summaries for the duration of your membership. Your Worship Leader Gold membership includes a complimentary subscription to the leading executive summary service for pastors for no extra charge – that’s 30 book summaries per year ($379.00 per year value).
8) FREE “Growth Points” Newsletter written by Church Growth expert Dr. Gary McIntosh. You will be able to keep up with the latest research and learnings on church growth and church health.
9) RESTRICTED ACCESS Online Membership Site/Blog/Resources ($99.00 per month value). You’ll have instant access to all your Worship Leader Gold benefits, documents, recordings, etc. in your online Worship Leader Gold hub.
10) Continually Updated WORSHIP LEADER GOLD RESOURCE DOCUMENTS AND DIRECTORY ($399.00 per month value). If there’s a document that we use at The Journey or that is shared by someone else in the network (and I think its helpful) I’ll share it with you.
11) Members-Only 30% DISCOUNT on all Worship Leader Insights and Church Leader Insights Resources ($245.00 value).
12) FREE Webinar Access to all Church Leader Insights and Worship Leader Insights Webinars ($197.00 per month value).
13) NETWORK ONLY rates on Coaching Networks and Advanced Coaching Networks ($141.00 per month value). As a member of Worship Leader Gold, you’ll be able to enter a future 12-Month Worship Pastor Tele-Coaching Network or put a staff member through one of our other networks at the lowest possible rate.
14) Lowest Event Registration Rate for all Church Leader Insights and Worship Leader Insights Events ($100.00 per month value), including upcoming Renegade Pastors Conferences and Church Systems Bootcamps.
15) $595.00 SHOPPING SPREE Gift Certificate upon completion of your sixth month in the Network (99.00 per month Value)
16) $813.20 in FREE Resources when you join today! These resources will be waiting for you in yourWorship Leader Gold Online Hub within two hours of the time you join – you can start taking advantage of these resources immediately!
Total value of resources and training you receive in this network exceed $2,667.00 per month.
But the network is far more than just the resources you receive. The focus this network provides for your ministry and the ideas and insights in your life are simply priceless.
Are you ready to become a member of this exclusive Worship Leader Gold mentoring network?
You can join right now at this Special Link and receive your FIRST MONTH FREE!
** Yes Jason, let me in NOW. I’m ready to join Worship Leader Gold and RECEIVE MY FIRST MONTH FREE (just $99 per month thereafter – that’s ONE THIRD the monthly investment of a regular coaching network). But hurry… the FIRST MONTH FREE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THIS WEEK. Join today! **
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team.