How is your Worship Team “Really” Doing?
When is the last time you got on the balcony?
No – not the balcony at your church building or even the hotel from your last vacation.
Getting on the balcony simply means taking time on a regular basis to rise above the hectic pace of your everyday work to see how your worship ministry is really doing.
It’s impossible to know how things are really going in your worship ministry when you’re in the daily grind. It’s like being on the floor during a packed-out concert. You can look around and see some things, but you don’t have a good perspective on the whole arena.
So, when you “get on the balcony” in your worship ministry, you are leaving the busyness of the floor seats for a little while to get a bird’s eye perspective on your ministry. And here’s what you find…
#1 – SOME AREAS ARE NOT AS STRONG AS YOU THOUGHT
Whenever we take regular time (I’m talking about once a month) to back up and objectively ask, “How are things really going right now?” we’ll often find that some areas of our team that we thought were very strong, actually have a few holes in them and need our attention.
Getting on the balcony lets you know that you still have some work to do on that area.
#2 – SOME AREAS ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THOUGHT
If there has been an area that you’ve been really working on with your team (say… everyone on your team being in a small group Bible study), then after a month of putting heat on that value, it’s important to step back and ask, “Are we doing better in this area?”
You will likely find that this area has improved and so now you can turn your attention to another area of growth.
#3 – YOU HAVE TIME TO DREAM NEW DREAMS FOR YOUR TEAM
If your team feels stagnant, like you haven’t tried anything new for God in awhile, chances are you haven’t gotten on the balcony much lately.
When you regularly remove yourself from the daily race to spend some time examining your team, you find you also have time to dream and plan.
Some of our most creative worship expressions at The Journey have come out of some personal balcony time where I put down my to-do list for an hour and went to work on my ministry rather than in my ministry.
If you feel like you’re in a rut right now, you need some balcony time!
The problem is . . . very few worship leaders EVER take time to do this!
John Maxwell writes in his book Thinking for a Change, “The greatest enemy of good thinking is busyness.”
In 14+ years of ministry at The Journey and 10+ years of coaching worship leaders I’ve found that the key to getting from where you are to where you want to be is to create monthly balcony time.
In my coaching networks, that is the #1 benefit that worship leaders experience… a reason to get on the balcony every month.
Listen to what Mackenzie writes (she’s a coaching network alumnus):
“The Coaching Network gave me a chance to evaluate my current systems, or lack of systems, and make the necessary changes to become as effective as possible. The thoughts, ideas, and questions posed throughout the Network kept me constantly thinking about my ministry.”
That’s the power of Getting on the Balcony.
So let me ask you a few questions to help you get started . . .
#1 – Do you have a system for creating balcony time every month?
#2 – Or better yet . . . what if you had a system to evaluate your worship ministry every month with me and a group of other worship leaders who are all committed to seeing God’s very best in our churches?
#3 – What if you had a way to unplug from the hectic pace of ministry every month and get laser-focused on how to bring health to the most important areas of your team and overcome the BIG challenges that you’re facing right now?
#4 – What if you had a coach / mentor / friend to walk beside you, answer your questions, share feedback, pray for you and help you implement the changes that you know are needed for you to serve your church at the highest level without burning out over the next year?
That’s exactly what my coaching network is all about. And I would be honored if you would prayerfully considering joining.
But — you need to prayerfully consider soon, because 2016 is slipping away quickly and I have only a handful spots available. I’d love for you to have one of them!
Go to www.WorshipLeaderInsights.com/Coaching, complete the 60-second online form and we’ll get started immediately developing YOUR strategy for a healthy and growing worship ministry!
I hope you’ll allow me to get on the balcony with you!
Your partner in ministry,
“We have been implementing many changes in our Sunday Service System. The result has been less stress on Sunday mornings and throughout the week, an increase in attendance and retention of new attendees, better communication between myself and the other staff and volunteers, and an easier rehearsal time.”
– Josiah, WA
“I would not be exaggerating to say that in my case this network has been life/ministry transforming. In this past year the Worship arts Department has grown more than in the last 7 years combined. This network really helped to de-stress my life and increase my effectiveness as the Worship Pastor.”
– Bode, NJ
“This network blew my mind! I wish I could have attended this network before our church exploded in growth. I would have implemented everything I learned right from the beginning. There is such much I have learned from this network. I never knew how much potential my worship ministry could have before attending this network.”
– Jeff, CA
I want to invite you to join my NEW 12-month systems-based Worship Leader Coaching Network!
You see — we all face seven common challenges as Worship Leaders. And the solution to overcoming these seven challenges is seven very powerful worship ministry systems.
The 12-Month Worship Leader Coaching Network will help you identify and overcome the Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader and build the systems necessary to lead a healthy and growing worship ministry.
I have taught these principles to thousands of churches – through books, resources and live events – and in the Coaching Network I will help you create God-honoring systems in your Worship ministry that will help you:
- Double your worship team volunteers
- Break the stressful week-to-week mentality of worship planning and plan your worship services months in advance
- Develop a more fruitful working relationship with your lead pastor and “get on the same page” together
- Maximize the financial resources in your Worship Ministry while teaching God-honoring Stewardship practices to your worship team.
- Structure your team for health and growth
- Get the most out of your team in rehearsal and on Sundays
- Pray more fervently for your team and grow as a pastor and leader
- And much, much more!
You’ll join me in 12 monthly coaching sessions that you can fully participate in anytime 24/7. You will receive both the audio and video of each session, so your experience will be identical, no matter when you log in. And the Worship Leader Coaching Network is provided in such a way that you can participate (and re-watch) at any time.
Available now via a new on-demand, online module format, where you can participate at your convenience each month. Your experience will be identical, no matter when you log in.
Led by Jason, this network is based on the Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader, and specific ministry strategies to help you overcome them. Sessions include:
- The Seven Challenges of a Worship Leader Overview
- The Call of a Worship Leader: Understanding and Excelling in Your Unique Calling
- The Personal Growth Challenge: Develop Your Personal Leadership Habits
- The Pastor Challenge: Maximize Your Relationship with the Lead Pastor
- The Planning Challenge, part 1: Plan Your Services Months in Advance
- The Planning Challenge, part 2: Reduce the stress of week-to-week planning.
- The People Challenge, part 1: Structure Your Worship Team for Health and Growth
- The People Challenge, part 2: Develop your Auditions Strategy & Double Your Team
- The People Challenge, part 3: Leadership Strategies for a Successful Worship Ministry
- The Provision Challenge: Budget, Sta? and Teach Stewardship to Your Team
- The Professionalism Challenge: How to Bring Out the Best in Your Team
- The Production Challenge: Ensure every Sunday is the BEST it Can Be
PLUS: You will receive a customized Coaching Blue Print each month that gives you specific next steps!
Everything of value in life requires an investment (just think about the instruments you own). The same is true for this Coaching Network… though we have tried to keep the investment as low as possible.
But remember, you are receiving thousands of dollars of resources, free passes to our seminars, email support and private consulting. At the same time, you are saving thousands of dollars in hotel, flight costs, rental car expenses, gas, etc.
With that said, the Worship Leader Coaching Network is only $297 a month. You’ll find that is about the same as taking 3 key team members to one of the major worship conferences this year (registration, travel, hotel, meals).
I love the big conferences too, but consider this. With the Worship Leader Coaching Network you…
- You get 12-months of hands on personal training with systems that ACTUALLY work in churches of all shapes and sizes
- You walk away with over $2,322.20 of FREE Resources (try doing that at the resource table at your next Worship Conference)
- The training doesn’t end after 3 days… in addition to the 12-monthly session, you get audio MP3’s of each session, meaning you walk away with a library of over 24 hours of nuts-and-bolts practical systems to build a health and growing worship ministry and share with the key leaders in your church.
- Personalized Q&A call-in sessions to have all of your questions answered about what we discuss in the network
- Plus much more!
HURRY – BONUSES ENDING SOON!
When you join the Worship Leader Coaching Network this month you will receive TWO BIG Bonuses…
#1 – Planning Worship Services for Life Transformation Workshop (a $599.00 value – FREE!)
In this live recording of the popular six-hour workshop, Jason Hatley and Nelson Searcy will teach you a proven process for planning life-transforming and creative worship services every
week while reducing your week-to-week Sunday stress!
#2 – Free Worship Leader Gold Membership (Regularly $99.00 a month – FREE!)
Worship Leader Gold is a group of passionate, cut-against-the-grain,discontent-with-average,motivated-for-ministry, what-are-we-waiting-for Worship Leaders who want to have a growing and healthy ministry and personal life. Your membership benefits include:
- Monthly Leadership & Strategy Briefing call with me where you’ll be challenged and guided to maximize your worship ministry and personal life each month
- Monthly Equipping Interview Call where we interview other leading authors – past interviews include Steve Stroope, Patrick Lencioni, Thom Rainer and Gary McIntosh
- MP3 and CD recordings of both the briefing and interview calls each month – don’t worry if you can’t make the live calls, you won’t miss a thing
- Members-Only Online Hub where you can access your files, resources and recordings at all times
- Monthly members bonus kit mailed directly to you including recordings, transcripts, members-only opportunities, event invitations and more
- 30% Off Discount on all Worship Leader Insights resources for the duration of your membership
- $813.20 in immediate FREE Bonus resourceswill be waiting for you in your online hub as soon as you join
- And much more!
PLUS – When you join the Worship Leader Coaching Network, in just the first year you’ll receive:
- Monthly online sessions – hands-on coaching from Jason Hatley on all Seven Challenges of the Worship Leader.
- Regular Group Q and A calls to ask your specific questions.
- Over $2,320.20 in FREE resources from Worship Leader Insights PLUS special discounts on any new resources.
- Unlimited email access to Jason and the WLI team.
- FREE attendance at (live or web) training events during your network (up to $1,249.00 value)
- A monthly environment where everyone is focused on a Kingdom agenda.
- The chance to grow and take your worship ministry to the next level!
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team.