Have you started writing your goals for 2013 yet?
I believe that God is honored when we take time to set goals for oursevles, our families and our ministries. Clear, God-honoring goals will help you and I both make a greater Kingdom impact in 2013.
In fact, I believe that the pastors and worship leaders who are making the greatest impact are the ones who are clear about what God has called them to, and are continuing to dream new dreams for Him.
I’m sure you’ve heard the story of the Harvard Business School graduating class of 1979. They were asked if they had clear written goals upon graduation. 3% had clear, written goals. 13% had some goals, just not clearly written, and a full 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the researchers interviewed those same students from that graduating class and what they found was astounding…
The 13% who had some goals (though they weren’t written down) were TWICE as successful as the 84% who had no goals.
But what was most surprising was that the 3% who had clearly written goals were TEN TIMES as successful as the the other 97% combined!
As worship leaders we don’t measure our success by salaries or stock options, but that study should teach you about the power of written goals to help you accomplish more.
C.S. Lewis writes, “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
So what dreams do you have for this New Year? What do you hope to see God do in you and through you?
I believe that having goals in every area of your life is a great discipline. And today, I want to talk with you about the TOP 3 AREAS of your life to set goals in this year.
Whether you have written your goals for 2013 already, or need a little nudge to get started, setting goals in these 3 areas will help you grow and succeed in each.
GOAL AREA #1: SPIRITUAL GROWTH
The first area to set goals in this year is your Spiritual Growth. Every other goal you set will be either helped or hindered by the progress you make in your spiritual formation.
Jesus said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5) So, invest in your own personal discipleship this year. What will be your plan for spiritual growth? What studies will you undertake? What investments do you want to make?
I have several goals for this area in 2013. Some are for me personally. Others are for my family. What goals will you set?
GOAL AREA #2: PERSONAL LIFE GOALS
Next, set at least 3-5 goals for your personal life this year. For me this includes my reading goals, family goals, health and wellness goals, and even just some fun things I want to do this year.
Here’s what personal life goals do . . . they remind you that there are other important areas of your life worth investing in besides just ministry and work. They will help you keep a healthy harmony between your personal and ministry life, and will ensure that you make investments in the most important relationships in your life.
GOAL AREA #3: MINISTRY GOALS
The third area to set goals in this year is your ministry. God has called us to ministry, not so that we can idley watch over our ministries, but so that we can make the most of every opportunity to expand the impact of our churches in our communities and the Kingdom.
Remember the Parable of the Talents. The servant who doubled his master’s gold was called a “good and faithful servant”. The servant who did nothing with his master’s gold was called “wicked and lazy”.
Make a commitment now to invest in yourself and your ministry in 2013. I would encoruage you to set 2-3 goals in each of the Seven Areas of your Worship Ministry:
- Personal Growth – how will you grow as a leader / pastor / worshipper in 2013?
- Pastor Relationship – how will you improve the working relationship with your pastor?
- Planning – what will you do to plan further in advance and with more impact and creativity?
- People – what will be your goals for the growth and health of your worship team?
- Provision – what will be your goals for how you steward your resources?
- Professionalism – how will you lead your team to excellence in everything this year?
- Production – what will you do to make the Sunday worship experience even more engaging and God-honoring this year?
By setting goals in each area of your ministry leadership you will ensure that you aren’t just “doing more”… you’re “becoming more”.
And that’s my prayer for you this year. That you will become more. That you will know first-hand the power of the prayer found in Psalm 90:12 . . .
“Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.”
And here’s my commitment to you . . . To help you along the way.
That’s what Worship Leader Insights is all about, and I’m glad to have the opportunity to serve you and your church!
Your partner in ministry,
PS – TODAY is the LAST CHANCE for you to apply for my NEW Tele-Coaching network for Worship LeadersAND receive over $1,400.00 in savings and bonusesthrought he Super-Early Bird Discount!
For quite a while now you have heard me talk about these Networks (some might even say too much – ha!). I’ll admit – I’m passionate about Coaching!
The Reason? The Results!
I have personally coached over 200 Worship Leaders in the last 7 years through these networks and for many of those:
- The worship team volunteers DOUBLED
- Worship services become MORE CREATIVE and LESS STRESSFUL
- The relationship with the Pastor DEEPENED
- The Worship Leader got MORE done, FASTER, so they could work on the MOST important things (and make it home for dinner each night 🙂
For me – the joy of coaching is in the fruit it brings to your life and your church’s. So YES… I’m passionate, and YES, I would like for you to seriously PRAY about joining this network.
I know there are plenty of excuses not too:
- “I don’t have time.” — In our FIRST session you will learn HOW the network will actually save you time! Plus there is no travel time or expense. Join each session right from your office via the web and our private conference call line.
- “It’s not in my budget.” — Many Worship Leaders find the network pays for itself just in the lessons you learned during the Provision Challenge session (we’ll talk about budgeting, equipment purchase standards, how to teach your team to tithe, and more).
The network investment is the same as taking a few team members to a big conference this year. BUT with the my network you get over $1400 in FREE resources, hands-on coaching, and more (see below for a full list).
- “I don’t know if I will like it.” — That’s why the network has a 90-Day Guarantee. If at any time before our 4th Coaching session you’re not satisfied, I will personally return every nickel you’ve invested in the network, and you can keep the free resources I have given out up to that point.
- “Maybe next year.” — If you could see these great things happen in your ministry NOW, why would you wait until 2014? Remember the Parable of the Hidden Treasure!
So what do you say? Will you pray about join my new Worship Leader Tele-Coaching Network?
I hope so. . . and I hope that you will apply today. Here’s why…
The Super Early Bird deadline for my next Coaching Newtork is TODAY – Tuesday, January 15.
And if you apply for the network today, you will:
* Receive the Early-Bird discounted rate of $197 per month, saving you over $600 on the total network investment,
* Receive over $772.00 in BONUS Resources (including signed copies of my two books, and my “Successful Worship Leader Workshop” – a $499.00 value).
* PLUS – Receive a FREE Download of the “Revolve: Changing the Way You See Worship” message series – a $99.95 value.
That’s $1,472.00 in Savings and Bonuses if you apply TODAY Tuesday, January 15 and are accepted into the network.
Just go to www.worshipleaderinsights.com/coaching to apply online. It takes about 7 minutes.
You can also download an application if you prefer, view Worship Leader testimonies, and more while you’re there.
I hope you will pray about this opportunity, and join us for this incredible Coaching experience!
Here’s to a “Banner Year” for you and your church in 2013.
PPS – Have questions? I have included a full explanation of the network below.
Apply TODAY – Tuesday, January 15 – and if you are accepted you will receive the Super Early Bird rate of $197 per month (saving you $600 on the network investment) and additional bonus resources (a $872.00 value):
- The Successful Worship Leader Workshop ($499.00 Value)
- Autographed copies of my new books, Engage: A Guide to Creating Life-Transforming Worship Services and Revolve: A New Way to See Worship (a $23.95 value)
- A $100 VISA gift card from me for you and your spouse to use as you wish
- Free Dinner for you and your spouse with me and the WLI team on the night before the exclusive Tele-Coaching 2013 live event in sunny south Florida ($150 Value)
- PLUS – a FREE download of the Revolve: Changing the Way You See Worship message series (a $99.95 value).
WHEN YOU GROW, YOUR TEAM WILL GROW
Here’s a powerful question for you: What could you do over the next year that would dramatically impact the development of your worship ministry and your personal growth as a leader more than this network?
Imagine for a moment, what if …
- Your worship team could double over the next year and so could your personal effectiveness?
- You could consistently get everything done at the office, manage your staff and volunteers well, see consistent growth in excellence and still get home on time for dinner and family fun each night?
- You could develop personal leadership growth habits that help you lead yourself and your team at an optimum level?
- You could achieve greater clarity and a stronger working relationship with your pastor?
- You were able to work with your pastor to plan your services months in advance, and create more impactful services than ever before, while reducing the stress of Sunday?
What would your life and church look like one year from now if your worship team and effectiveness grew by 50%? I can’t promise these results but I can say that they are typical of results I’ve seen in over 200 worship pastors who have completed my coaching process over the last 7 years.
I’m not teaching you theory or stuff that I’ve only read about. I’m coaching you as a fellow worship pastor and practitioner who is in the trenches day after day leading a growing worship ministry. In addition, the coaching process that I will lead you through is a proven process that has been effective with nearly 200 churches who have been through this coaching process, and hundreds more who have taken part in my one-day seminars.
** If you are ready to apply now, click here to read more and apply online:
COACHING WILL HELP YOU ACCOMPLISH MORE
Instead of you flying to our office in New York City or South Florida for an ‘in person’ coaching network, you will participate in this coaching network via your telephone and your computer.
Think about it, you will experience the same network experience that others have experienced while SAVING THOUSANDS of dollars in travel costs and SAVING DOZENS OF HOURS on cross-country flights.
YOU GET FREE RESOURCES (UNLIKE OTHER NETWORKS)
The short answer . . . I will share every worship ministry and personal development principle I know and give you every resource I’ve developed to help you implement each principle.
Don’t worry, it will not be overwhelming . . . everything will be delivered in a manageable bits over the course of the year.
All that said, here’s the ‘official list’ of all that you receive:
- Monthly hands-on coaching from me.
- A proven coaching process that leads to growth and health.
- Over $1419.00 in FREE resources from Worship Leader Insights.
- Unlimited email access to me and the WLI team.
- A monthly coaching environment where everyone is focused on a Kingdom agenda.
- MP3s of each session for your review. NOTE: Even if you miss the exact date, you can listen to the network at your leisure.
- Free attendance at all WLI training events during your network.
- Private “call-in” times with me to have your specific questions answered in more detail.
- NEW – a private weekend training event (in sunny South Florida) exclusively for Tele-Coaching members, complete with a behind-the-scenes look at The Journey on a Sunday morning ($1500 value)
- The opportunity to grow and take your church to the next level.
Plus much, much more . . .
As you can see, just the tangible benefits you will receive as part of this network will far out-weigh your monthly financial investment.
** If you are ready to apply now, click here to read more and apply online:
I WILL INVEST IN YOU EACH MONTH FOR ONE YEAR
Each phone call is 90-minutes long and we will meet monthly for one year. This is a big commitment but I want to make sure that we fully cover all 7 of the Worship Leader Challenges I’ve outlined in my resources.
You will complete the network with a personal library worth of worship ministry leadership materials and personal development insights.
I have a degree in Sacred Music, and I can guarantee you that what you will learn in this network is the ‘practical, will work tomorrow’ stuff they don’t teach in college or seminary!
YOU WILL DISCOVER AND OVERCOME THE SEVEN CHALLENGES OF A WORSHIP LEADER
We will cover each of my Seven Challenges of a Worship Pastor plus issues related to personal development, time management and more. As a reminder, the seven challenges are:
* The Personal Challenge – How to develop personal leadership growth habits that help you lead yourself and your team at an optimum level
* The Pastor Challenge – How to achieve clarity and a develop a strong working relationship with your pastor
* The Planning Challenge – How to plan your services months in advance, and create more impactful services than ever before.
* The People Challenge – How to double your Worship Team volunteers and strengthen their commitment to the church through a proven audition system that leads to growth and health.
* The Provision Challenge – How to invest wisely the resources spent on the Sunday service for now and the future, especially in a troubled economy
* The Professionalism Challenge – How to create a culture of excellence that brings the very best out of you and your volunteers
* The Production Challenge – How to ensure that every Sunday service is successfully planned for and executed, with nothing left to chance
FINALLY, A COACHING NETWORK TO FIT YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
Each tele-coaching call will be from 11:00am – 12:30pm Eastern Time. Literally, you could call in to the network from anywhere in the world. Cool, huh?
All the calls are on Fridays, which I’ve found to be the best day for most worship pastors, but I also understand that you may have to adjust your schedule..
Remember, each call is only two hours so even if you have to step out of a meeting or call in from home, it will not consume your entire day. Here are the dates:
- April 12, 2013
- May 10, 2013
- June 14, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- August 9, 2013
- September 13, 2013
- October 11, 2013
- November 8, 2013
- December 13, 2013
- January 10, 2014
- February 7, 2014
- March 7, 2014
YOUR OWN PERSONAL CHURCH GROWTH LIBRARY
I strongly encourage you to make every date a priority but I also know that ministry is messy and uncertain so I will record every session and you will receive the complete MP3′s of each session within a day or two of meeting. If you attend, the MP3 is for your library and for your review. If you are unable to attend, you will still be able to gain the full experience.
AN UNBELIEVABLE OPPORTUNITY DEMANDS A GREAT GUARANTEE
As I mentioned earlier, this network is not for everyone but if you choose to apply and you are accepted, I would like to offer you a no-hassle, no questions asked guarantee.
Here it is: I’m so confident that you will find this Network beneficial that any time prior to the fourth monthly meeting (July 12, 2013) you can call my office and tell me that this network isn’t benefiting your church or your leadership ability and I will refund everything you have invested, including any long distance costs you might have incurred. Plus, you can keep any of the resources, MP3s or seminar materials that you have received to date.
In other words, I want to remove any fear you might have in joining this network. You can try it for four months with absolutely NO RISK!
YOUR RESULTS WILL EXCEED THE FINANCIAL INVESTMENT OF THIS NETWORK
I have tried to keep the monthly investment in this network as low as possible. In fact – it is the lowest it’s been since 2008. But remember, you are receiving thousands of dollars of resources, free passes to my seminars, email support and private consulting. At the same time, you are saving thousands of dollars in hotel, flight costs, rental car expenses, gas, etc.
That said, the monthly investment is $197 per month if your application is received TODAY, Tuesday January 15, 2013 ($247 per month after January 15). Once you are accepted, your credit card will be charged for the first two months.
You’ll find that is about the same as taking 3 key team members to one of the major worship conferences this year (registration, travel, hotel, meals).
HOWEVER, with the Tele-Coaching network…
- You get 12-months of hands on personal training with systems that ACTUALLY work in churches of all shapes and sizes
- You walk away with $1419.00 of FREE Resources (try doing that at the resource table for your next Worshp Conference)
- The training doesn’t end after 3 days… in addtion to the 12-monthly session, you get audio MP3′s of each session, meaning you walk away with a library of over 24 hours of nuts-and-bolts practical systems to build a health and growing worship ministry and share with the key leaders in your church.
- Personalized Q&A call-in session to have all of your questions answered about what we disucss in each session
- Plus much more!
** If you are ready to apply now, click here to read more and apply online:
I WILL PERSONALLY HELP YOU GROW EACH MONTH
In addition to the monthly call, you will be assigned to read or listen to one of my resources plus another book (generally, a business book with clear application to ministry). While the network will stretch you to grow, study and read, it will not be overwhelming. I’ll help you prioritize so you can get the most from the network.
At the same time, there will be opportunities for you to share your ideas and learnings from the network plus you’ll be able to submit prayer requests and ask questions to me and everyone else in the network.
OTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED GREAT RESULTS – SO CAN YOU
While I certainly can’t guarantee that our network will in any way produce the same fruit as previous networks, I can share what I’ve seen God do in the past! I’ve seen:
* Worship Leaders who were stuck in their leadership, break through to new levels of personal effectiveness
* Worship Teams double in a year
* Worship Leaders become so effective that they never miss a day off again
* Pastors write me letters thanking me for helping their worship leader
I could keep going but let me allow some of my coaching alumni pastors to share their results:
“Join this network! We all need to be growing in our leadership and there’s no better way to grow than to get into a network. Jason does a great job of identifying seven universal challenges that we all face. Once you are fully aware of these challenges and are armed with the tools that Jason gives you in the network to overcome them, you will begin to soar in your effectiveness as a Worship Pastor.”
– Mike Martindale, Westside Community Church Beaverton, OR
“I did not know what to expect from this network, but all I know is that after the very first session, I was inspired, motivated and mostly importantly, humbled.”
– Jean Sandoval, New Life Church Meriden, CT
“This is an excellent network for learning some great skills in implementing systems in your church. You are worth it; your church is worth it.”
– Archie Jackson, South Bay Church San Jose, CA
“I felt encouraged to grow in my weaker areas of my ministry. I didn’t feel beaten down; instead I was given systems that could help me in areas I have always struggled with in the past. Even my team could tell the difference!”
– Lisa Johnson, Valley Brook Community Church Granby, CT
“It’s worth every penny!”
– Dave Swanson, Calvary Fellowship West Hartford, CT
Visit www.worshipleaderinsights.com/coaching for additional video testimonies from worship leaders just like you!
MY CALLING IS TO HELP YOU GROW
God has given me a unique opportunity to serve in a church that is not only passionate about reaching and discipling people, but also returning what we have learned back to the kingdom so that other churches can do the same in their cities and towns.
In the last 10 years of my ministry here, I have been able to build systems for developing a thriving worship ministry that have worked not only here, but in churches all over the country. The reason I am doing this network is because I want to see you succeed in fulfilling your mission in the local church, and I believe with all my heart that this network can give you tools, insights, and systems to do exactly that.
LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF A SYSTEMS-BUILDING WORSHIP PASTOR
In 2002, Jason Hatley helped launch The Journey Church in New York City, directing the programming of their worship services. He served as the Pastor of Worship Arts and has built from scratch The Journey’s worship arts team, a group of over 200 artists and technicians who develop and implement the creative and technical elements at weekly Sunday services.
Currently, Jason and his family live in Boca Raton, FL to serve as the Pastor of Worship Arts at The Journey’s newest location in South Florida.
The Journey has been recognized as one of Outreach Magazines fastest growing and most creative churches.
Jason has been a worship leader since 1996. He invests in Worship Pastors around the country through interactive coaching networks and worship planning resources. He has been a featured break-out speaker at the Willow Creek Arts Conference (2007-2009), The Purpose Drive Worship Conference (2003-2004), as well as seminars around the country. He has a B.M. in Sacred Music Performance from Appalachian State University.
Jason is the founder of WorshipLeaderInsights.com, the author of nearly a dozen resources on Worship Leadership, including the NEW books Engage: A Guide to Creating Life-Transforming Worship Services and Revolve: A New Way to See Worship.
YOUR NEXT STEP
Please complete the application and return it to my office ASAP. I am reviewing applications right now and will try to review your application and let you know within one week, but please bear with me. We are receiving a great response to this network.
** If you are ready to apply now, click here to read more and apply online:
Let me know if you have any questions . . . just email email@example.com.
Pastor of Worship Arts
The Journey Church
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team.