Last week we started a 3-part series on How to Grow Yourself and Your Worship Team this Summer.
As you know, many worship leaders look at the summer as a time to GLIDE . . . to just get through the summer months and pick up where they left off in the fall.
But I believe the summer is a time for GROWTH – both for you personally as well as for your team.
It’s starts with developing a Passion for Growth. But that’s not all . . .
To see yourself and your team grow this summer, you also need to:
#2 – Pray for Growth.
An important factor in your personal growth and team growth this summer is asking God to bless your team.
Now – there are 2 extremes that you can fall into here.
FIRST, you can live by the motto “Prayer, and Prayer Alone”. Some worship leaders will say, “I’m praying for the growth and health of my team, but that’s all I’m doing. As long as I pray God will do the rest.” There’s no system or process for growth that goes with it.
OR, you can live by the motto, “If it’s to be, it’s up to me!” That is, you may have a passion for growth and even systems for growth, but somehow you have forgotten that there’s an important spiritual element to personal and team growth.
The truth is . . . it takes both! It’s Prayer + Action.
Look at this passage from Proverbs 21:31:
“The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.”
Look to the end of that verse and notice who brings the victory. God does. At the end of the day, God will be the one who brings victory in you service, team, rehearsal, personal growth, family, etc.
But also notice the first part of that verse. Someone has to get the horse ready for battle. And that someone is you and I.
You see, God could do it all by himself, but he decides to give us a role as well.
So, jumpstart your growth this summer through Prayer and building growth Processes (more on that next week).
For now, focus on prayer, but don’t do it alone.
Get your pastor to pray with you for the growth of your team. After all, he knows all too well that, “As goes the Worship Team, so goes the Worship Service.”
Also, ask your Worship Team to pray with you. Want to transform the culture of your team from inwardly focused to outwardly focused? Inspire your team members to pray along with you for their growth and the growth of your team.
And remember . . .
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
~ St. Augustine
Your partner in ministry,
PS – Did you know that you gain full access to the EXACT strategy that we use at The Journey that has produced 10 years of exponential growth and health on our team? That has taken our team from 2 people to over 200 volunteers? That has created a culture of healthy discipleship growth as well as team growth?
It’s available in “How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day” resource.
In this 3-hour workshop, I will teach you the nuts-and-bolts principles of:
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive includes more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
Plus much more!
Secure your 3-CD set here:
Download your copy here and save $30.00:
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team.