This past Sunday, March 13, I had the privilege to host a Worship Arts Overview Reception at our newest Journey campus in South Florida.
If you are familiar with the “How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day” resource, you know that the Worship Arts Reception is one of the KEY STRATEGIES that I use to involve new people in ministry on our Worship Arts Team.
It’s basically a short, 30-minute party that I host twice a year after the service and invite people who are interested in serving on the Worship Arts Team to attend.Sounds easy, right . . . that’s because it is :-)But it’s also powerful!In fact I’ve found that nearly 50% of the people who sign up for our big day of auditions do so at a Worship Arts Overview Reception.
Now – I’ve hosted these types of receptions many times before at our New York City campuses. But this one was special . . .You see our new campus in Boca Raton, FL is only one month old, and this was the very first Worship Arts Reception that we’ve held.Being so young, our Worship Arts Team here in Boca is only has about 20 people serving on the team right now (compared to the over 200 who serve on the teams that we’ve built in our New York City campuses).
But yesterday something powerful happened.Fifteen people who are NOT currently serving on our Worship Arts Team attended this reception. Twelve of them signed up for an audition and will be auditioning to join our Worship Team in just a couple weeks.
Through one easy-to-lead event, our Worship Arts Team will involve a dozen new people in life-changing ministry and our team will grow by at least 50%.And it all happened simply because I did something this week to help my team grow.
So – here’s my question for you . . . what are you doing this week to empower talented people in your church to get off the sidelines and get involved with your Worship Arts ministry?Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Put a Worship Team interest checkbox on your connection card
- Host a Worship Arts Reception
- Actively try to meet people after the service (that’s right – this is one of the EASIEST ways to get new people involved).
- Put a flyer in the program or an announcement slide on the screen
- Decide to hold a BIG day of auditions next month
- Call that person that you heard was a Graphic Designer but haven’t followed up with yet
- Email your team and ask them who they know that should be serving on the team
Whatever you decide, DO SOMETHING THIS WEEK to involve people in life-changing ministry on your Worship Arts Team. When you do, you help people not only use their gifts but also grow in their faith and live out part of their life-mission in your church. Your partner in ministry,
PS – Did you know that you gain full access to the EXACT strategy that we use at The Journey that has grown our team from 2 people to over 200 people serving? It’s available in “How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day” resource. In this 3-hour workshop, I will teach you the nuts-and-bolts principles of:
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive includes more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
Download your copy here and save $30.00:
TUESDAY MORNING INSIGHTS is Jason Hatley’s free weekly training resource specifically designed to provide you as a worship leader with proven principles, tips and practices to help you lead a healthy and thriving Worship Arts Team. About Jason Hatley and Worship Leader Insights
In 2002, Jason Hatley helped launch The Journey Church in New York City, directing the programming of their worship services. He serves as the Pastor of Worship Arts and built from scratch The Journey’s worship arts team, a group of over 200 artists and technicians who develop and implement the creative and technical elements at weekly Sunday services. The Journey has been recognized as one of Outreach Magazines fastest growing and most creative churches.
Jason has been a worship leader since 1996. He invests in Worship Pastors around the country through interactive coaching networks and worship planning resources. He has been a featured break-out speaker at the Willow Creek Arts Conference, The Purpose Drive Worship Conference, as well as seminars around the country. He has a B.M. in Sacred Music Performance from Appalachian State University.
Jason and his family currently live in Boca Raton, FL where he serves as the Pastor of Worship Arts at The Journey’s newest campus in South Florida.